Test out the tools. You’ll need:
- Video chat software.
- Software for recording the chat.
- Something to take notes with. (Computer-based, or just paper and pencil.)
Invite participants. Your invitation should include:
- A general description of how the interview is going to be conducted and what will be expected of them, along with the mention that there will be a secondary interviewer/note taker.
- A request for a statement that the interview can be recorded and processed.
- A request to bring along any artifacts that pertain to their workflow (documents, tools, books they reference, etc.) and whether they could demonstrate any parts of their workflow on camera.
- A request for times available. Doodle works really well for picking times.